Ben has engineered his life and business so that the main part of his day is writing a single, daily email for his list. Listen in to get Ben’s tips on how to find your market and listen to your audience so that you can deliver what they’re looking for.
Listen to this episode on iTunes
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @influencer_inc.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
An influencer is someone who is highly positioned.
Ben introduces himself as a bum who gets paid. The main part of his day is to write an email, which usually takes about 15 minutes. Then he’s free to play or work on other projects.
Ben has no team or staff. He outsources his website, accounting, podcast production, etc. This was a deliberate choice and something he worked to create. He had the goal of daily emails with a continuity-based product.
Find a market by finding a problem first and then find or create a solution for that problem. Ben recommends the Boron Letters by Gary Halbert. Find a market that’s already buying and then sell them something better.
Ben likes “shallow dive” surveys where he’ll ask for the links to the most recent products people purchased around his topic.
- Book: The Seven Lost Secrets of Success by Joe Vitale and The System Club Letters by Ken McCarthy
- Influencer: Gary Bencivenga, Gary Halbert, Ken McCarthy, Matt Furey
- Conference, group, or event: Good Cop, Bad Cop, Insane Cop
- Preferred social network: Twitter & Facebook Groups
- Tool that you can’t live without: Blogr