Jenn holds down a regular brick-and-mortar job while being a mom and also building her influencer career. She writes, blogs, and speaks on Instagram. In today’s episode, get Jenn’s tips on what to do — and what not to do — with Instagram marketing.
Listen to this episode on iTunes
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @influencer_inc.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
An influencer is someone who has influence on those around them. It’s the ability to share your thoughts and opinions with others to give them an answer in some way.
Jenn has a blog about foundational social marketing training and strategies. After having difficulty convincing upper management at her job of the importance of social media, Jenn started her blog, which is case-study based on things she tried and learned.
Jenn still has the aforementioned full-time job, her blog, is a mom, and she’s an in-demand speaker.
Something Jenn wishes she had done differently: been more strategic with list building.
Tips for getting started with Instagram:
- Have a good username and name. Those are the only searchable criteria
- Have a strategy. Instagram is highly visual
Reasons people fail:
- Posting poor-quality content
- Not finding out what their audience wants
- Not knowing who your target audience is
On posting lots of sunset pictures…tie it in with your business.
Current project: writing Instagram for Business for Dummies
- Book: Books by Malcolm Gladwell
- Influencer: Mari Smith
- Conference, group, or event: Social Media Marketing World
- Preferred social network: Instagram
- Tool that you can’t live without: Photofy