Josh produced content for years before getting any significant notice. His writing for Forbes and other notable publications put him and MWI on the map. In today’s episode, get the full back story on Josh Steimle, your Influencer Summit host.
Listen to this episode on iTunes
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @influencer_inc.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
Everybody has influence over somebody, unless you’re a hermit. Good influence is leadership, teaching, being a good example.
MWI is a digital marketing agency that Josh started while in college. The business went through good and bad times, and today, MWI has offices around the world with a team of 30+ people.
Once Josh started writing for Forbes, people seemed to sit up and take notice of what he was saying, which brought business to MWI. Josh was also able to leverage his status as a Forbes contributor to get interviews when he was writing his book.
Aspiring influencers fail because…
- They give up too soon. They start, stop, start, and stop. They don’t get the response they were expecting.
- They haven’t found a medium that works for them yet.
Advice for beginning influencers — Answer these three questions:
- Who are you?
- Who is your audience?
- Where do they hang out?
- Book: How the World Sees You by Sally Hogshead
- Influencer: Michael Hyatt
- Conference, group, or event: Content Marketing Conference in Boston
- Preferred social network: LinkedIn
- Tool that you can’t live without: Clickfunnels