Bob Burg is old-school; his ideas are not. In today’s podcast, find out how Bob got into sales; characteristics the best sellers share; and Bob’s favorite classic book on sales.
Listen to this episode on iTunes
What was your biggest insight from this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @influencer_inc.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
An influencer has pull. They attract people first to themselves and then their ideas.
Bob “graduated” into sales when he was looking for some extra income. He developed a system, which he defines as “a process of predictably achieving a goal based on a logical and specific set of how-to principles.”
The best sellers are others-focused. When you’re perceived as genuinely focused on the wellbeing of others, you’ll be trusted and people are more likely to want to do business with you.
If Bob had to start over today, he would have been more open to change.
A common mistake people make: They try to adopt someone else’s personality
- Book: The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Brown
- Influencer: Too many to list – his parents, Zig Ziglar, etc.
- Conference, group, or event: Speaking to direct sellers
- Preferred social network: Twitter
- Tool that you can’t live without: InfusionSoft